As of March 19, 2020, HMRI will be ceasing normal operations, until further notice, due to the current COVID-19 health crisis. The wellbeing of our employees is our number one priority. HMRI employees will be working remotely and still accessible during this time.
Thank you for your continued support of HMRI! We will post any updates as new information warrants.
March 17, 2020
HMRI is tracking daily information and following guidelines provided by Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and Greater Los Angeles government authorities. To be fully prepared and preventive, we have implemented the following at HMRI until further notice:
- Our emergency/safety team has put in a place a work from home policy for those able to work from home
- Our research and experiments will continue to keep our science moving forward. Our laboratory scientists and technicians are working staggered hours in the laboratory to minimize the number of personnel in the laboratories at any given time; they are following social distancing guidelines. All lab personnel wear personal protective equipment (PPE) (lab coats, glasses, gloves) and wash their hands thoroughly and often.
- All study participants and visitors are not allowed into our buildings until further notice.
- All public events, lectures and programs have been cancelled at least through the end of March and will likely extend into April.
- All meetings, including board meetings, committee meetings, and others, will be held as video/teleconferences.
Thank you for your continued support of HMRI! We will update this message periodically as new information warrants.