|Post Date: July 11, 2023||Author: Human Resources|
Location: Pasadena, CA
Huntington Medical Research Institutes is an independent, nonprofit medical research organization dedicated to improving health outcomes through innovative biomedical research and inspiring the next generation of scientists. Our brand-new state of the art laboratory anchors the biomedical corridor on South Fair Oaks in Pasadena. Our scientists' research focuses on the connection between the brain and heart, developing diagnostic tools to help treat common diseases of these vital organs that affect every family.
The Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations will carry a portfolio of prospects and donors that are foundations and corporations with a primary focus on prospects for HMRI’s research related initiatives, including supporting the research of the cardiovascular and neurosciences. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations will be responsible for qualifying foundation or corporate donors and cultivating new gifts to achieve HMRI’s philanthropy workplan goals and metrics. As a key contributor to HMRI’s fulfillment of its mission to conduct biomedical research and inspire the next generation of scientists. The successful candidate will engage with faculty and researchers within HMRI to identify strategic opportunities aligned with relevant foundation and corporate funders. The position requires excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively across disciplinary and interdisciplinary lines and to interact successfully with a diverse constituency of varying abilities, backgrounds, interests, and beliefs.
- Manages plans, organizes and writes research and education related grant proposals and corporate sponsorships
- Identifies strategies for the cultivation of foundation and corporate donor prospects. Conducts research to update and expand foundations and corporation’s donor base.
- Writes, edits, and produces impact reports and grant proposals. Develops support materials for specific fundraising activities.
- May plan, organize, and coordinate site visits with foundation leadership and program officers.
- Identifies, cultivates, and stewards relationships with foundations, family offices, and corporate sponsors.
Manages site visits both in person at HMRI and virtual visits. Visits and has regular communications with foundation leadership program officers.
Key To Success In This Role Include:
- Strengths in analysis, strategy, and problem-solving
- Results-driven motivation
- Individual initiative and strong teamwork
- Excellent written and oral communication of complex topics for a general audience
- Professionalism in collaborating with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Business development experience and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree (4 years)
- 5 + years of experience (grant writing, research and/or fundraising)
- Demonstrated ability to develop proposals, preferably in a non-profit setting (i.e.:grant writing, grant management)
- Results-oriented: comfortable with production goals, accountability, independence, initiative, and teamwork
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, researchers, and development staff
- Capacity to understand and communicate research or programmatic information to a variety of stakeholders; adaptable communication style
- Initiative and curiosity to learn
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and speak or listen. The employee frequently is required to use hands, fingers, and arms to operate personalcomputers, telephones, other business-related equipment. The employee is rarely required to stand and walk. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 10 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required.
of this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
VERIFICATION: All higher education, academic degrees, and past employment will be verified.
HMRI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, reproductive health discrimination, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Pay Transparency Act Full Salary Range: $110,000 - $130,000 annually.
HMRI is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience. The full salary range for this position is defined as the Full Pay Range. The budgeted salary or hourly range at HMRI reasonably expects to pay for this position defined as the Expected Pay Scale. Placement within the Expected Pay Scale is determined by internal equity, and relevant qualifications.
Please send COVER LETTER and CV/Resume to email@example.com