HMRI is no longer accepting applications for the 2019 student summer program.
To learn about future student program opportunities, click here.
HMRI provides a volunteer program during the summer for students interested in careers in biomedical research. This program is only open to current undergraduate and graduate students. Several HMRI alumni have gone on to be chairs of medical school departments and medical research institutes.
The purpose of the program is to provide students with an educational, hands-on experience that will give them insight regarding how a research laboratory or program runs. This may include developing technical skills to participate and contribute to the generation of scientific data. This will allow students to better understand the scientific process.
During the 10-week period, students will be given safety training before being assigned a specific project by one of HMRI’s research investigators. At the end of the program, each student is expected to give a brief five-minute presentation of their experience and research projects.
- Applicants MUST be current undergraduate/graduate students enrolled in an academic program.
- Applicants MUST be over 18 years of age.
- If accepted into the program, students are required to attend and participate in the 10-week program which meets Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm in Pasadena, CA.
Online application submission period: February 15 – March 29, 2019
Online Application Requirements:
- Applicant contact information
- Current school information
- Cover letter (upload)
- Resume (upload)
- List of three (3) references (upload)
- Two (2) reference letters (upload)
- Copy of college/university acceptance letter (upload)
- Copy of most recent school transcript (upload)